Monday, August 8, 2011

Just 12 hours later...

Two months ago, Steve decided he wanted to take a trip to Utah and relive some childhood memories at Bear Lake. So, we jumped in the van, albeit reluctantly because I HATE DRIVING 12 HOURS, and I'm so glad we did it. We had a fabulous time :)


The first couple of days we stayed in Salt Lake and spent some time with my dad. Our first afternoon out we went to Red Butte Gardens. We always love going there because I grew up close by and have so many great memories walking around, and not to mention that we also had our ring ceremony there! They have really expanded the grounds- it is gorgeous!!

Some of my favorite people.



Some family action brought to you by a camera balancing on my backpack on top of a stroller. Agh- I'm glad it didn't tumble.


The kids always love visiting these enormous lizards- they are pretty lifelike.


My cold blooded friend!




A couple of days later we decided to visit Thanksgiving point- an area attraction that has a dinosaur museum, a farm, gardens etc. It was the first time we've been there, and we thought we would drop by on "Two buck Tuesday," where all the entrances are only two bucks. OH- What a mistake. Talk about Crowded. Never again will I go on "Two Buck Tuesday!" It was crazy. I don't think I've ever seen so many kids in my life. But, we pushed our way through the stampedes and saw some cool dinosaurs. We saw the IMAX T Rex movie- which scared Maddie out of of her pants, and then headed over to the gardens which I would highly recommend!


Oh-and we saw ASHLEY!!! We miss you!



My dad got the girls some frogs which they loved playing with in the water. Emi named this little guy "Scoobie."

This picture doesn't do the place justice. If you ever have a chance to visit, bring a picnic. You'll love it.


No comments: