Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A few parties later

We have been up to a bit of hosting parties lately! A baby shower on Saturday and a Halloween party on Monday- totally different, but really fun.

I didn't really have time to pick up my camera for the shower, but here are a couple of pics-


The "mom to be" said she liked brown, so I found this brown table cloth to go over our make shift table that Steve put together to sit 10 people. (it will be nice to get real furniture soon). I borrowed the silverware, plates and cups... and I think it went together really well... phew.



My friend made this really cute cake... that I heard was delicious. (so sad I couldn't taste it.)



We made homemade crepes, strawberies, blueberries, homemade cream, homemade jam (steve's special touch), quiche and croissants. It was a perfect menu.


Congratulations B and C!


On Monday, my friend and I threw a Halloween party for Maddie and her cute church friends. It was really fun to put together, but a little chaotic. I hope they had fun?

The menu- I wish I took a closer photo of the cheese ball goblin on the right hand side. It was funny.

The healthier version of black/orange.


Black/orange to dip in the cheese...


I printed these off... I thought they turned out really cute.

We decorated cookies...

Played pass the pumpkin and sang, went fishing for treats...

Had a dance party, and then settled down to a Halloween movie.
Yay! Happy Halloween!






8 comments:

teuscher travels said...

Both parties look darling Alie!! Such cute halloween decorations and games - I love the witch's brew labels. And now I am craving crepes.....:)

Ashley said...

Wow your shower was beautiful! I've been waiting for this post--I took about two pictures and was hoping you'd taken more. Funny it looks so peaceful and calm in the photos! It really was fun though. My kids and I had a great time!

Diana said...

So fun! You always have such great idea's and seem to throw great parties. Someday I'll grow up and try to be just like you!

Kristine Gray said...

Looks like fun.

Raskills said...

So fun! We had a great time, thanks so much for inviting us! I absolutely LOVE a good party. I do hope you're coming next week to the Halloween bash!

See you soon - hopefully we can go interior design shopping soon together. :D

The Mostess said...

The shower looks great--sorry we missed it!

The Halloween party looked so cute. Love the water bottle wrappers!

Hayley said...

avy thinks the witches brew water bottle is the coolest thing EVER! thanks ladies! so much fun!

Brian and Lindsey said...

Wow you're super creative! Everything looked amazing:)