Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Boo

I have been anticipating October for a while... it is just too much fun to decorate for Halloween. The challenge: decorating on a budget. I think I did our decorations this year for $20 + pumpkins? Not too bad?


Here's the entrance... a spider paradise. I got the idea from Martha Stewart 3 seasons ago? I LOVE the spider sac idea- and it's cheap.

Old nylons, matting and spider rings with the "ring" cut off... and you've got a super scary spider sac.

These windows are spectacular (ok- gross exaggeration) at night... but they are pretty cool.

We strung these ghosts from invisible wire from the tree to the side of the house. I think these are my favorite, because they seriously look like ghosts flying in the wind. The kids love them. (trash bags and marker)


And, what is Halloween without rats? 0.39 cents at "House of Humor" glued onto the pumpkins. I wanted to carve holes in the pumpkin and have the rats going in and out, but we all know how pumpkins mold so quickly...
Off to our costumes...

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow it looks amazing!!! I bet Maddie thinks it's fantastic. How fun . . . I am really jealous of your porch!

P.S. That pumpkin patch was a rip off ($8 to bounce for 30 minutes!) so be glad you skipped it.

Hayley said...

awesome job! i agree, decorating for halloween is the BEST! although you & martha's spider creation is pretty amazing, it grosses me out a bit. but well done, nonetheless.

Stephanie said...

So cute!

Kristina said...

Looks so good. I am very jealous too! What great ideas. I especially love the doorway. So amazing!

Matt and Joanna said...

I love your Halloween decorations (& house)! Very festive!

Matt and Joanna said...

I love your Halloween decorations (& house)! Very festive!