Thursday, November 20, 2008

a SWEET ride

I divide my purchases into cheap/temporary and expensive/long lasting. If I need socks or play shirts for Maddie, I go to the cheapest stores I can go to. I figure these items will get trashed and will need replacing sometime soon.

But- when it comes to something that I am going to depend on for a while, I try to get the best. And- so I did. We got this:
JUST KIDDING. Maybe when we retire. But, we did get something special! And- I am so excited.

We used our REI dividend and took advantage of the 20% sale... to get:

One of my friends has the previous model, and I loved pushing it around. It is so easy- it seriously feels lighter than my one clunky stroller. This is the newest Bob Stroller- and I can't rave enough about it. It just gets me excited to start running again and push the two in it.

People tried to get me to buy some other models, but I just couldn't keep away from this one, and I am so happy. I pushed Maddie around in it last night, and we were both laughing because we were so excited!!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I have the old school Bob Duallie, and I love it. Wish it could fit through standard doorways, but I love it regardless. Even looks almost-new after 4 years of use! Congrats on a smart purchase.

Mindy said...

I just found your blog while blog-surfing. You don't know me, but I grew up around the corner from Steve. Well kindof, I'm younger (year older than Krissy, year younger than Brian), but Steve was always out playing too! I love the Leeflang's! ...still try to make it there every Halloween for the donuts, mmm :) If you don't mind I'll add you guys to our blog (jmke.blogspot), it's fun to read your blog and see what old neighbors are doing!

I bought this stroller just after my son was born and I LOVE IT!! I love that it has the smaller front wheel, is easy to fold up/pop open, and it is one of the very few double strollers that fits through doorways! It is a great ride for the kids and MUCH easier to push than even the single travel system strollers. It has a baby seat attachment--I didn't ever use that because I didn't buy it until my son was already like 4 months old but they look useful. I did get the cup holder attachment and I love that--it has a zippered middle pocket to put keys, cell phone, etc. It's a stroller, I probably shouldn't have this much to comment about it, but you will love it :)

Where in the Bay Area are you guys? My husband's grandparents are in San Jose (his grandpa has been Patriarch of the South Stake forever). We LOVE it there and visit as much as possible--you are so lucky to live there!!

If Steve is like my husband he rarely writes or reads the blog, so tell him "hi" from Mindy Bliss!