Monday, November 24, 2008

Oh- I'm so excited!

I went the grocery store this afternoon in preparation for our Thanksgiving feast on Thursday, and I got so excited. IT IS MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY OF THE YEAR!!!

My favorite part about Thanksgiving is the day after Thanksgiving sandwich with cranberries, turkey, maybe even a little stuffing. Oh my gosh- it is seriously the best thing on earth.



My second favorite thing (but a very close second) about Thanksiving is the stuffing! To die for. This is the one tradition in my family that we have had every year since I can remember. It may seem a little odd to some of you, but it is the best stuffing I have ever tasted: Oyster stuffing. It doesn't taste fishy, but is so moist and is not made from the mixes that are so generic. I am so excited to make it, that I'm going to make it early this year starting tomorrow!!!


Every Thanksgiving, we have tried to incorporate the "old" recipies with new ones. This year, I'm going to embark on Paula Dean's pumpkin pie recipe that 284 people on foodnetwork gave 5 stars?! (very impressive). Since she is the diva of all things sweet, I have no doubt that it will deliver the 5 stars... but of course, throw your diet out the window.

Can't wait to try it Paula!


2 comments:

The Mostess said...

Back to something we can agree on...FOOD!

I have a GF crockpot cornbread recipe--you could easily incorporate oysters into it. I spent Thanksgiving with a family who also did oyster stuffing, and I agree that it was surprisingly tasty.

Gobble-Gobble!!

Andrea said...

Can you share your stuffing recipe? I was assigned stuffing this year (dinner at my mom's house), and have been searching for something new to try...

I will be thinking of you on your FAVORITE holiday.