Thursday, August 21, 2008

My (world) job

At the end of the month, I can say that I have worked in my "real" job for 3 months. I say real job, because I think being a mom is a job and a half. But outside of that job, I got very very lucky (really blessed more like it) and was hired by a terrific firm that specializes in immigration law. Little did I know at the time, but they are the biggest immigration firm in the US and have offices all around the world?



I'm kind of a small time girl, and didn't know what I would be getting myself into, but I am so happy and really love the hours, the work and the people that I work with.


My job is so very unlike this:


But more like this:

Joking aside, I really do like the practice of law and I'm glad that I'll have loans until I'm 80 years old :)

I think lawyers get a bad rap (when Steve was little and he told his mom he wanted to be a lawyer, she started to cry!!!). Of course, there are a ton of bad lawyers out there- but there are also a lot of good ones.

I am always impressed by how law enables you to fight for people. Fight for the wrongly accused, fight for the domestic violence victim, fight for a foreign national who wants and deserves to work in the US. That's why I like law. The little card that you get when you are liscenced to practice is a great privilege and I'm very greatful that I have it.


1 comment:

Hayley said...

you're way more attractive and interesting than tom cooky cruise :)