Thursday, August 21, 2008

Gilroy Gardens

I seem to be very very behind in my postings, partially because my dad visited for a while and partially because we have been busy with stuff. But, here is my attempt to get caught up!


Two weekends ago, my dad came to visit! I have always wanted to go to Gilroy Gardens, but was always shy of trekking myself down there since it is 1 hour away. But- it was well worth the drive. I LOVED it.

(Aside- one of the major reasons why I love the bay area is because I have been here for 12 years now, and I seem to always discover all of these new things I didn't know about. New restaurants, new museums, new parks, new things to do... it really is a fabulous place).

I searched on the internet for any type of coupons I could get, and I found one for $25.00- which is cheaper than Coscto and a lot better than the $41.00 normal charge. (ouch)

I hope to go there again before Maddie turns 2 because then I have to pay for her!
Here are some pics:

By the end of the day, Maddie knew the drill- wait in line, get in the ride, and have fun...


Should I mention that she rode this 10 times in a row? She is in love with these little rides.


Loved this one too..


I just fell in love with the theme of the park- it was so beautiful and clean! All of the rides were inspired by produce around Gilroy (garlic, strawberries...). It was adorable.

Waiting in line...


We rode a little ferris wheel-- she loved every second of it. (so did we!)


Ok- so for an amusement park, I thought it was pretty gutsy for them to have a water park. But- they do. And- it is a lot of fun. The kids just love taking a break and running in the water for an hour. (I just need to remember her swimming suit next time).


Clearly very happy!

LOVE GILROY GARDENS!!!

No comments: