Thursday, June 26, 2008

Swimming, swimming, all day long


Has anyone seen "Bedknobs and Broomsticks? It was one of my favorite movies growing up-- I just loved that song "Bobbing along, Bobbing along... on the bottom of the beautiful, bright blue sea....da, da, da, da..." Well, it's a classic. And, I always sing it when Maddie is in the bathtub, because I always think of that movie when I'm near water.
We have been in a lot of water lately. Our pool, the local pools, little pools. It' s been one of the only ways to beat the heat. One of my favorite pools is Rinconada Pool in Palo Alto (love the fountains, and the shallow entrance.)
We went with Maddie's little friend Heidi earlier on this week and she went CRAZY. I wish I could have taken pictures, but I was trying to keep her from drowning every second.
Heidi was freezing, and Maddie didn't seem to mind. (Body fat is actually a big advantage sometimes!)

This is the little fish after coming home from the pool. I went to Toys R Us and got her a stroller for her baby. She is OBSESSED with babies. She is always looking for her baby, and wants to take it everywhere. I actually love this obsession as it keeps her happy most of the time... but I don't know why the baby always has to be naked?
I bought little clothes for her to put on the baby, but the second I start buttoning up something..... "AAHAHAHAHAAH." Okay, okay.
The baby is better off naked.


1 comment:

Melissa L. said...

One of my favorite movies too! Don't you just love being a mom? It is the best!!! I hope all is going well for you.