Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Birthday party!

Last Friday, my friends threw me a fabulous birthday party! I had so much fun- they did not forget about any details...



The pictures don't do it justice- because you just had to be there. They strung lights in the rafters with lanterns, peonies on the tables, orange and poka dot plates... then there was dinner brought to us by Steve. He cooked salmon on cedar planks, roasted chicken, salad, rice, and a friend made her amazing Thai chicken soup. And-homemade strawberry ice cream for dessert. It was so yummy!!!






Because the party was in our unfinished house- this was the only toilet we had available! But- they put a really cute tea lite and flowers. hee hee.




I sat with my good friends Holly, Meg and Trevor. I wish I could have sat at each table, but I was too busy eating :)





Some beautiful guests...






More beautiful guests...






I'm so glad Jen and Jennifer (and husbands could come)....


More beautiful guests...






Last but not least...



The party throwers. (well, not really me). These girls could plan an AMAZING party for anyone at any time. Talk about talent!!! They were so generous from the beginning stages to the end, and I am so greatful for their friendship! THANK YOU FOR A PARTY TO NEVER FORGET!



Oh-- and, of course, the party actually started out with an AMAZING RACE. April did not forget any details. We first started on the "start line" in front of our house, and had to run all the way down to a local park to hit a target with baseballs.... run 1 mile back to a golf course to hit a couple balls.... win 10 tokens at an arcade...






Run, Run, and Run some more.... please help?



Read this awesome poster... which told us to find a newspaper, something blue, and a piece of cheese on the way back?! (Of course knocking on people's doors!!!) So hilarious.



The gang when we got back.... in total I think it was 2 1/2 miles? Whoa. It was not for the weak hearted.... but it was so much fun. Of course, my team won... (I knew the area pretty well, and of course knew the clues about myself!)


Here's to turning 30!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

The Mostess said...

That was such a fun and fab party! But please remind me not to be photographed from the side next time..bleh! :0

Tracy said...

Wish we were in town to attned this big bash! I knew with Kaari on board it was going to be the bomb! :) Happy Belated B-day. I am living up these last few months of 29...but I think that 30 is the new 20! :)