Monday, June 23, 2008

Meals

As I am trying to pull myself together these days, I find lunch and dinner the hardest times of the day. What am I going to eat? But- more importantly, what meal am I going to pull together that is interesting and good for Maddie to eat? Because she doesn't really like vegetables (aside from the easy peas), I always try to hide vegetables in everything I can... but a girl can only go so far.

Yes- I've read "deceptively delicious." It's a great book, but I just don't have the time or energy to make such fantastic meals. Dinner has to be done in around 30 minutes or less, or I just won't do it. I am too tired these days.


This is poor Maddie last night after we got home from Church. This is the first time that she actually got her plate and fork and asked me to put something on it! She was so hungry!!

On top of the complexity of normal foods, since I don't eat Gluten, it just makes everything more complicated. Most things have to be made from scratch- and I certainly don't have the energy for that....

Oh, well. I'm off to Costco and Trader Joes this afternoon for some inspiration....

3 comments:

Ashley said...

It's not healthy AT ALL but those dino nuggets from Costco save me when I would otherwise not get around to feeding Charlie. One minute in the microwave and he LOVES them.

teuscher travels said...

I am in love with the frozen Gluten Free waffles from Trader joes, I dont need them gluten free but they are sooo tasty! I put maine blueberries on top, syrup and cool whip(bc it makes everything better) and there is dinner:) Especially in the summer it is just too hot to cook! And maddie is just too darling!

The Mostess said...

I seriously love the pic of Maddie demanding food. Hi-larious!