Sunday, June 23, 2013

Mothers Day and Alie's Birthday

May is a sweet month for me- you can't beat celebrating mother's day and my birthday in the same month. For mothers day, we went out for Mexican at my second favorite stop, and finished up with gluten free cupcakes...

 Mexican and Italian are two of my favorite foods- a close tie. I love this Mexican place because of their home made tortillas- soooo good. We kept on asking for more and more...

 And, of course Mole- love it. All types.

 Good times.

On our way to cupcakes...

For my birthday, I decided to get a bike- which was no small feat. After about a month of doing research, I decided on buying a "dutch bike," given their durability and just practicality in life. It's a beautiful bike- with a hefty price tag... but I love it. I got it at "a Street Bike Named Desire" in Palo Alto... and they put me on their website:
hee hee. Steve also got a very beautiful bike, but a mountain bike... and we have LOVED biking around. We went to the coast on my birthday, picked berries, went biking, hit the boardwalk in santa cruz, had dinner, and celebrated with strawberry shortcake with our berries. It was a great day:





 We usually go berry picking to Gizditch, but we decided to try something different. It was an off day in terms of weather, so it was a little cold, but I definitely want to try it again sometime soon when it's warmer- that is, maybe next year? They said they were almost already picked out when we went...

 We biked around a state park on the beach, and it was beautiful... I could have gone for hours, but Sebastian wasn't really liking how he couldn't take a nap. Even though the two seater setup is pretty sweet, it's not perfect!




 This place was super yummy- it was the best place on yelp in santa cruz...

Strawberry shortcake- also one of my favorite foods.

A couple of days later, my awesome friends took me out to dinner at Cheesecake factory to celebrate with another's friends' birthday... these are their beautiful faces:


 And beautiful flowers and lunch from my awesome friend J....

It was a great month!!!

No comments: