Sunday, June 23, 2013

Maddie's last days of Kindergarten, first focus and soccer!

We are really proud of this girl. During her last week of kindergarten, her class performed for the parents with some songs including our favorite- zip a dee doo da lyric - "Zip a dee doo da, zip a dee day, my oh my first grade's coming my way." Every time she sang this, I had to swallow back tears! What is wrong with me?  Life is going by fast, and I know it will just keep on going faster. Maddie was a star in kindergarten this year and excelled in everything- she loves reading, math and is making lots of friends. I joke with my kids that I'm going to lock them up in the attic and never let them out- it is sometimes painful to see them grow so fast.

 We also ended another season of soccer- we had the youngest team in the league but won most of our games- pretty impressive. Maddie is definitely the best goalie on the team and has great offensive instincts. We celebrated our season with a picnic at the park with some medals. Even though it is a hurdle to get out Saturday mornings, we have missed watching her play since it's been out.

And, last but not least, Maddie finished her reading program "First Focus." I have a million positive things to say about this program- it has been close to two years of classes every week, but she graduated and is now an amazing reader. She loves reading Nancy Drew, the Tree House Series, and the Babysitters club (ah! I read every one of those too!). I am super excited to read more with her this summer... congratulations Madeleine- we love you!!

No comments: