Thursday, June 18, 2009

In need of a vacation

We've owned a timeshare for 7 years and have never used it. Yes, smart, we know. We have been trying to sell it, but no takers. So, we decided to finally go and see how it was. Although no Ritz Carlton, it was fabulous. Away, no phones, a pool, a fridge, free popcorn, and in Tahoe.

We'll be going again later this summer. I LOVE Lake Tahoe. It only took us 4 hours to get there, and 3.5 hours to get back (I was driving back...), and we were in the beautiful mountains viewing the inspiring blue water. I think I could have taken 30 more days.

Enjoying the beach. This time of year is the best to go, because the crowds aren't there yet.

Mom, I'm making Oatmeal.

A view from above.


I want to sit here forever. Seriously.



Ice cream at the cutest parlor in Camp Richardson.

A group shot...

Rented bikes and fit the kids in the little trailor... they loved it.

Maddie is fascinated by all sorts of tents, trailors...

We went on a hike to fallen leaf lake. I felt like Meg Ryan on French Kiss when she's on the train, and puts her hands up and says "Georgeous?!"


The hard core hiker and the novice hiker.


Bundled and happy.

Trying to coax Maddie to smile. She hates cameras.


I want to go back. Too short. When I was growing up, we took the entire summer off and went on vacations (an advantage of having a dad as a professor)... so these 3-4 day trips are way way too short for me.

2 comments:

Raskills said...

I'm so glad you had a great time! Awesome shots. :) See you tomorrow. :)

-Liz

Hayley said...

so lovely! what a great trip.