Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Little M's birthday party!

I apologize in advance for posting so many pictures, but this is mostly to include the grandparents on Maddie's b-day party! We wish you could have been there!

We threw the party at the construction site- which put a lot of added pressure on Steve (sorry!)... so he was putting in 16 hour days painting, cleaning, putting in kitchen cabinets... (THANK YOU!) to get ready for the event.



I decided on a red/pink theme with punches of color... here are their little treat bags.


We hung these pom poms from string in the great hall-- I got them at Walmart and LOVE them. I want to use them again... maybe in our bedroom? JK.

For the party, we made stations- 1) playdough, 2) fingerpainting, 3) playing with rice and 4) building with blocks... I think it was a great idea (which I stole), and I think it kept them occupied!!


The guests..


Playing with the playdough.


So cute!


Maddie has never fingerpainted before, but I think she REALLY likes it.


My great friend- the cake maker extraordinaire made Maddie her cake. I LOVED it. I have a fascination/obsession over pigs... little piglets especially.


I was thinking about getting little milk cartons for the kids, but I'm glad I settled on Juicy Juice... there was no mess, and I think they really liked the straws...

Here's the cake!!!



In all it's glory!!! YAY! Isn't it amazing?



Too bad it went so fast :( But- they really enjoyed it!!!


You just can't have a party without a pinata. They are sooooo fun.
The spectators!
Loved the colors of the candy when they came out! But- I probably shouldn't have bought a pack with jaw breakers? Oops.

Maddie is definitely a foodie- of chocolate especially. While the party was ending, she sat herself down by herself in front of the cake and devoured what she could!

We had so much fun!


Of course, she loved the suckers...
I think she had a great time!!!

6 comments:

Kristina said...

I just showed Andrew the pics of Maddie and her cake and he got all excited. We are so sad that we were out of town and missed such a spectacular event. You throw such fun parties!! Happy birthday Maddie!

Ashley said...

It was so cute and the kids had a really good time! I love that. I love that Maddie just wanted to hang out with the cake--that's my kind of girl. I look horrible in some of those pictures--note to self--never wear those pants again, and never allow candid photos. But Maddie's party is not about me, right. . .

Ashley said...

P.S. The house looks AMAZING!

Hayley said...

so much fun! what a talented lady & fabulous party thrower you are. any party with balloons up for grabs is avy's dream. thanks!

The Mostess said...

Aww...I love the last few pics. The one of the three of you is super cute!

That pig cake was to die for!

April said...

What a fun party! My kids had a blast and were so sad when I had to drag them away. Your house is amazing-- Maddie needs to spend a lot of time at our house so you can move in!