Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Confessions of a juice addict

Orange, grape, cranberry, grapefruit, apple... I can't get enough of drinking fruit juice. For an addiction, I guess it isn't as bad as others, but I'm not so sure drinking so many extra calories a day is such a good idea. Maddie's pediatrician reminded me of this yesterday saying that just cutting out juice will significantly reduce the number of calories you intake a day.

But- I seriously get in a fowl mood if there isn't juice in the fridge. When it has been a long day, and I am about at my breaking point, I love to pour some cold juice in a glass and sit down and recoup.

I do try to minimize the amount of juice we drink by adding 1/2 water and 1/2 juice in each cup, because I think most juices are too sweet to drink straight. So, this is my compromise.

But, I don't think it is going to cut it. I'm afraid that Maddie has also inherited my love of juice, which isn't probably such a good idea. So, I'm trying to get excited about water and milk. They are delicious!! (Right? Right.)

(FYI- I will be drinking my juice in a dark closet when no one is looking.)

2 comments:

The Mostess said...

I'm not with you on this one..I only drink juice a few times a year. I don't love it, which is probably a good thing.

I have also adopted Ashley C's motto "don't drink your calories."

No more chocolate milk for me!

Hayley said...

MILK!!! It does a body good.