Friday, January 25, 2008

The photgraphy buisness

I basically sleep, drink, eat and think about photography every day right now. I am getting close to launching my website, but it has been a lot of work. Logo, advertising, products, pricing, sellers permit, etc etc. I never thought I would have my "own company," because I like to work for established places that have retirement packages, stablility, other people to talk to... but it has been a blast. And- I am excited to get the ball rolling.

Thankfully, some of my friends have been so wonderful to let me shoot their babies and kids-- and I have been learning so much. My portfolio is done, and we got some winners. I haven't been posting them on the blog so that it will be a fun surprise, but I'll let you see one of my favorites (of course for obvious genetic reasons!). This is the only picture I will post of Maddie because I think it's kind of weird when photographers just have pictures of their own kids.


Posting pictures on a blog doesn't do them justice! I ordered this picture in a "gallery wrap" format (print on canvas, stretched over a frame)--- and it came last night. I rushed over to UPS- stood in the rain, rushed home... and it is simply breathtaking. I love it. I would recommend this type of framing to anyone. (Of course this will be an option in ordering on the website).

2 comments:

Ashley said...

That photo is so incredibly gorgeous! I want to come see the real thing!

Tracy said...

Wow! Maddie looks incredible! You really are talented. I will be anxious to see the website! :)