Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Couple of Random Thoughts

So- first off, I can't believe Hillary won after what appeared to be an Obama landslide? Who knows what will happen... go and vote!! (I'm not endorsing either way.)

What is happening to Brittney Spears? I really try to stay away from this trash- but it makes me sad when people make such bad decisions.

And- the last thought... one of my major weaknesses is that I often put my foot in my mouth. (Stephen agreed with this assessment this morning) According to him, this is one of my major strengths and weaknesses. Well, I feel like I did it again just recently. Sometimes I don't have a "filter" and I just say what I'm thinking at that exact moment. It was great in the courtroom most of the time, but not so great on other occasions... like yesterday.

Then, almost like clockwork, I spend most of the night tossing and turning and wishing I wouldn't have said it. What was I thinking? I wish there was a reverse and replay button sometime.

I hope I'm getting better. But, I do envy those who seem to say all the perfect things at the perfect times. Don't we all?

3 comments:

teuscher travels said...

I agree on everything!! I totally put my foot in my mouth and still get that sinking feeling years later when I recall something really stupid I said! I would totally be for a rewind button! I do wonder if people pay as much attention to what I say though....maybe they dont even remember, well that is what I tell myself when I am tossing late at night:) I think you are very well spoken and those that never say the wrong thing cant be very interesting!!:)

Lindsey said...

1. Hillary was surprising
2. Brittany is loco and it's so sad!
3. I don't think there is such a person.

Tracy said...

Don't worry...we are all on the "foot in the mouth boat" more often then you would think. I once told a post pregnant lady (whom I thought was still pregnant) that she was looking great and like she just had a little too much Thanksgiving dinner. She looked at my strange and then pointed to her baby in the infant carrier. I pretty much wanted to dig a hole. (I was tying to be nice...but I just knawed on my foot for the next month.)

p.s. That is one of the Pickett's favorite things about you...you say it how it is. We LOVE it!! It makes you much more fun to be around. :)