Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Ponderosa Walkathon

Well, I'm not sure why I volunteered, but I did. I stuck my head into the guillotine of chairing the Ponderosa school walkathon. Honestly, I love planning big events when I have a lot of time on my hands, but in retrospect, I don't know how I did it. It was exhausting, and I was sick for three weeks nonstop after it ended. But- on the bright side, we raised over 20K, which isn't bad for a little elementary school- and much more than we raised in years past.

We raised money on an awesome website and had amazing prizes donated by Toys R Us... I think it made a difference.

I didn't get that many photos for obvious reasons... but it's over and that's what matters :) Will I do it next year? The million dollar question...



The poor custodian helping me put up the tent for the food.


My poor husband that gets roped into everything.


The paparazzi for our "red carpet" theme.




More poor volunteers :)





No comments: