Thursday, January 3, 2013

Some love football...

but I honestly don't! What is wrong with me? Lots of things- including my apathy towards the "greatest" of American sports- college football. Now, Steve on the other hand could be described as obsessed. He knows everything about it, and to my question yesterday "Steve, just how many hours of football can you watch a day," he responded 5 or 6?! Holy moly. Some have heard of my complaints... and logic that goes something like: when would it ever be acceptable for me to watch 5-6 hours of "Keeping up with the Kardashians," or "Bachelorette" or even "Downtown Abbey" in the middle of a Saturday? Probably never, but for some reason, sports is a different category. You got me. I don't get it, but we all have to pick our battles, right?

So- Steve's present this year was a ticket to the Rose Bowl and three full days off from his normal duties as a father/husband/provider/fixerupper/younameit to do whatever sports crazed activities he wanted to do with his friends from yonder days.

He texted me on new years eve ... "Thanks for the trip. I'm having a really good time."

Steve never says this... so I think he was :)




GO STANFORD!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I "could" watch 5-6 hours straight of Football... but I'm pretty sure I've never even come close :-)

The Mostess said...

Here's how I think about sports vs. Kardashians.

To Steve, sports are an interest and hobby. He would like to spend time and money on them if possible.

To you, TV is a distraction and a way to unwind, but it's not your hobby, and you don't spend money on it.

So, give Steve a few hours on the weekend to pursue his hobby, and then have him give you a few hours some other time to pursue one of your hobbies that takes times and/or money. Problem solved.

So glad he had fun. That was a great gift!