Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas!!!

For Christmas break, we decided to drive through Las Vegas on our way to SLC to visit family. My dad drove down to Vegas and met us... and we stayed for 5 days!!! As a caveat, I thought I would SWEAR on my grave that I would HATE Las Vegas for all of the obvious reasons, but I have to tell you, I actually really liked it!

I didn't take any photos while we were there and left it up to my dad (so I'll post them later), but we had a great time. We stayed at the Mandalay Bay for 2 nights and the Venitian for 3 nights (we extended our stay because we enjoyed it so much). The highlights included the 9 buffets we ate at!! (no exaggeration!), swimming outside in the 80 degree pools, the spas, the shows, the shopping!! Is is quite a destination.



We really loved the fountains in front of the Bellagio. I think it was Maddie's favorite thing. I kind of have to agree with her- pretty stunning and nothing like it.

After 5 days of pure glutony... we headed to SLC for Christmas and Steve's little brother's WEDDING! The last of his siblings to get married. It is crazy how time flies... I met his little brother when he was 13! Here are some highlights:


The kids LOVED the snow this trip. Of course, we had to make a snowman!



A picture of Steve's little brother who was coming and going during our trip to get ready for the wedding... cute, right?


Enjoying the snow...

Arms of course.


Proud of their masterpiece.

We went to downtown SLC, which is decked out in Christmas lights...

Really different shot of the temple downtown, but gorgeous.

Group shot of the cold family and Steve's other brother and wife! Yay!

Delirious from the cold.

Last year my mom gave the girls a sled, so this sled has a lot of sentimental value. We hit a little hill and Maddie had a blast... of course Emi was skeptical!


Not sure of the whole thing.
A few shots of the MANY runs:
Very Happy but COLD!

My dad and the girls.

We love these rosy cheeks!

Before the wedding, all of the guys went out for a "bachelor" party. I say that in quotes, because for them bachelor party = eating lots of red meat, drinking lots of soda, and going down in the basement and unloading all of the advice they could give in 1 hour!!! Poor Pieter!! hee hee.

The beautiful couple!

They had the wedding at a lodge in the snowy canyons...it was beautiful! Here is a quick shot of Maddie and her cousins waiting while the decorating was going on.

Steve's sister has such a great talent with her flower business. I love this bouquet.

Well, you wouldn't believe it if I told you, but the couple decided to go skiing before the reception. Yes, crazy. But, very awesome. I was really worried that she would rip her dress, but it didn't, and I'm sure her wedding pictures are amazing.

Awesome, no?

Off they go...


Down the mountain...

Steve's sister and husband... and Pieter's wife's aunt!


Maddie and her gorgeous cousin!

Dancing until she literally dropped.
Here's to another great Christmas!

7 comments:

candace said...

how fun!! what a christmas!

i love that they went skiing before the wedding, that is so cool :)

we're going to have to have a conversation about vegas. i keep trying to get dave to go, but he doesn't think it would be fun...you'll have to set him straight.

Brian and Lindsey said...

You take such amazing pictures-I love following your blog. We were sorry to miss Pete's wedding and seeing you guys! Glad your holidays were so much fun.

Matt and Joanna said...

Alie, I'm so glad you posted pictures of your trip. I didn't think I'd feel so sad about missing the wedding. I can't believe Pete is a married man, I'm very happy for them... I just wish we would have been in town for the festivities. I hope things are going well for you guys. I loved your card!

The Mostess said...

And now you know why I do Vegas with the girls every year--what's not to love??

What a fun wedding. I love the pics of Maddie happily sledding!

Andrea said...

Finally found some time to look at your post! ADORABLE photos of your girls in the snow, especially sweet with your father and the sled. So happy you had a good visit (even if Vegas trumped SLC)!

Sjaanie said...

We were so sad that the weather was too scary to drive up the canyon for Piet's reception. It's fun to get to see some pictures! Thanks!

Callen and Liz said...

Your photos are amazing! So good to see you guys at the rehearsal/wedding dinner. Your girls are absolutely darling!