Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Weekend

We had a great Halloween weekend. It started out with one of the best Halloween parties I've ever been to. They spared no expense- professional photographer who took pics of all of the costumes, karaoke, Wii, music, food, and the best bar I've ever seen (not in the alcohol sense). They had spooky glasses of all sorts labeled as "witches eyes" or fill in the blank... and you mixed your own drinks. I wish I had a picture. Martha would have been jealous.

Anyway, we were probably the lamest of all the costumes there, but I am proud of myself that I even got us some costumes! Thanks for inviting us!

For Halloween, we went to the amusement park Gilroy Gardens and had so much fun hanging out with each other without interruptions. I can't remember the last time we've done something like that.

Later that night, we scarfed our dinner down, and got the girls ready for trick o treating!

I give you:

Flounder and Ariel- the dynamic duo! Flounder's costume is obviously homemade, but I thought she was pretty cute, and of course Ariel was bought off of Amazon.

I took the girls around the neighborhood while Steve handed out candy. It was a lot of work!! By 7:15 all of us were exhausted, so quick baths and off to bed...

but we handed out candy until 9:30 or so...

Can't wait until next year!

5 comments:

The Mostess said...

I saw them taking that picture--I knew it would be a winner!

Love Em's costume--adorable.

PS--I have a pic of the libations bar on my blog!

Kara said...

Sounds like it was a great weekend! I love that picture of you and Steve, its fabulous and you both look great! Your girls look so cute!

Ashley said...

Adorable! Nice work on Emilie's costume--it's adorable!!! You and Steve look great too.

Kristina said...

You and Steve are such a gorgeous couple. Sounds like such a fun weekend and I LOVE Emilie's costume!

Adrienne said...

We went to Gilroy Gardens with some of our nieces on Halloween, too. It was a great day to be there. It's too bad we didn't see you there.