Saturday, November 14, 2009

Back Pain

Steve hurt his back 5 days ago now? It has not been very pretty. At first, I didn't believe him, but for the first 3 days, he couldn't work... and has been basically laying on his back all day. Yesterday and today, he hasn't been able to sit, and can't really go anywhere (because you have to sit in a car).

We managed to get him in the car last night to drive to Sweet Tomatoes. And, the poor guy had to eat on his knees at the table. Aside from the weird looks, I just felt really bad for him. No one should have to eat dinner on their knees.

And- today he watched the kids while I took lots of photos, even though he was mostly on the floor.

I post this mostly to say "Thank You Steve." And, I hope you get better soon.

4 comments:

Kristina said...

Did he go to the doctor yet? My dad had something similar happen (although he is obviously older), and something was really wrong with his back.

I hope he gets feeling better! I hurt my back this week and it was really minor and I am still hurting a lot... so I'm sure he feels so bad. No fun for him!

Raskills said...

Bummer!! So sorry he got hurt. I hope he's able to rest more and see a good doc. Looking forward to hanging out Thurs the 19th! :)

Diana said...

Back pain is miserable! Most of the people I scan are there because they have back pain. Is it radiating down into his legs or causing numbness or tingling? Hopefully he feel better soon!

Brian and Lindsey said...

That stinks. If he's looking for something to help the orthopedic surgeons I worked with said they encouraged people to take up swimming or palates to strengthen their core and avoid surgery. Medical stores also have back braces that might help. Hope he feels better soon!