Friday, September 25, 2009

This week

Last weekend, Emilie and I were pounded with a virus. I haven't been that sick in a while... which has been really great with sleepless nights! It has taken me 5 days to fully recover and get myself and the girls back to normal. The bad news- I think Steve finally got it :)


Saturday, I drove up to San Francisco, and learned/relearned photography tips all day. It was SO awesome(even though I was so sick). We sat in the classroom for the morning and then took shots of a model and worked outside for the afternoon. Here was our fancy model !
It's funny- he is the first person I know that looks better on camera rather than person?! Is that rude to say? Almost everyone I know is the opposite- so it was incredible to see him tranform behind a lens.


I also had a trim this week with Melanie at the Academy of Salon Professionals- she was FABULOUS. If you're in the area, and need something done to your hair- I would wholeheartedly recommend her. (Keep in mind, that they are students and are still learning, but they have a teacher watching over... and it is DIRT CHEAP). Click here for more info: http://www.academyforsalonprofessionals.com/afsp_salon.html . They get scheduled up pretty fast... so just give them a call and say you want to get a cut with Melanie.


Maddie's arm hurts this week, or does it? Yesterday she fell on it and hasn't been moving it for more than 24 hours. I would totally take her to the doctor, but she tends to be on the dramatic side, so I'm going to wait. Last time this happened, I completely believed that I must have broken her arm because she wouldn't move it for 72 hours, but after the 4th day, she was back to normal. This girl is going to win an Oscar someday.


Steve has been working pretty hard lately, and will be going to Minneapolis and then Berlin the beginning of October. He is really excited about his new project coming up...


After having the same cell phone since the Dinosaur Age, I got a new phone. I was really tempted to get an IPhone, but given my track record for losing/breaking/destroying keys or wallets or cell phones, I decided that it's not worth it. When my kids are older and I am more with it, I'll go for the gold. But, for now, this is what I got. Pretty run of the mill, and has a keyboard, which I am REALLY excited about.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

My cellphone was the one cavemen used, I'm sure. But I like it that way, considering my track record isn't great either. I'm glad you're feeling better, and I hope Maddie's arm is okay!

wifethereof said...

I cant' imagine where Maddie gets her dramatic side!

The Mostess said...

Hahaha on Kristine's comment!!

Did you notice the smiley face after you said you felt bad about Steve being sick? On purpose--or was that a Freudian slip?

Now you can text with no excuses. I'm so happy.