Monday, December 3, 2007

What's in a name?

I have not officially changed my last name since I got married. I like my last name. I never never want to change it. But- I don't want my last name to resemble a law firm either. (Cheat'm-How)

So- I guess my fate is to change my name. Why O Why? Well, lately-- everywhere I go- people are confused, or can't find me in the computer etc etc. It's just not worth it anymore.

My next project will be to go to every official building to erase my name forever. (I know it's dramatic). But- I just don't understand the tradition.

What do you think? Would your husband change his name for you????

3 comments:

teuscher travels said...

I had SUCH a hard time giving up my name!!! And yes I did want to know if Jamie would change his(no, but some strange part of me thought it would have been weird had he said yes..) and if we could mesh them together(Teusckler isnt exactly great!) but I can say it has made things really easy and nobody gets messed up...and I did get used to it eventually, and now I kinda even like it:) Heather Mockler will forever be frozen in my memory as a tan and skinnier, younger version of me and that is kinda nice:) and I kinda got used to Heather Teuscher as well:)
Oh one thought though, keep your maiden name your middle name, it has made things even easier when I go back for documents(like I need to tell this to a lawyer:)) and I still get to hang onto it a little even though it is a mouthfull:)
There was a girl in school whose last name was Diffenderfer Pontious and I always felt so bad for her, it will make Maddies life easier:) Good Luck!

Lindsey said...

Fish just isn't one of those names you can't let go of...

weird, I know.

Ashley said...

Like Heather I kept my maiden name as my middle name and I like it that way. For some reason I didn't really care about changing my name. At least Leeflang is a good name!