Monday, December 10, 2007

Great songs, great dance scenes, great times


Tis the season to watch movies that make you laugh, sing, and be merry. Last week, I went to "Enchanted." Some of you will either hate it, or love it. It's a pretty extreme Disney film with songs at every corner. Other than the fact that some scenes made me turn red and feel utterly embarrased that I was even in the theatre, it was a great film. If you're in a light mood, and want to see/hear a movie that will bring you into your childhood again, go and see it!


Most everyone likes the scene "That's how you know." Yes- my hand was covering my eyes because it was a little over the top "cheesy," but it's hilarious and the song will grow on you. I think they did a great job with it.




I'm definitely going to buy this one when it comes out.

Speaking of Disney Musicals, does anyone remember "Newsies?" I think I have the entire movie memorized. I also had a crush on almost all of the characters way back when (okay, maybe I still do!?).

This is a great dance scene:

Speaking of great dance scenes, I love West Side Story. Why don't they make movies like this anymore?

This is a great dance scene: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkdP02HKQGc .

But of course- my favorite musical of ALL TIME is "Singing in the Rain." Gene Kelly is my dance hero. He is absolutely amazing. My favorite scene in that movie is where they are making fun of the diction coach. WOW! I don't know how they were able to move their bodies like that.



My tribute to Gene Kelly:




No comments: