Thursday, July 19, 2012

Love this work


I am generally pretty reserved about my religion in general probably because I don't want to seem pushy or perceived in certain ways. 

But, I want my girls to know that one of the greatest joys in my life comes from my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. There was a time that I thought certain things about this church that were misguided and misunderstood. I'm sure we can all fill in the blanks. But, after searching and living this gospel restored for the latter days, it rings true to me. It makes me a better person, a better mother, a better wife, a better citizen. I feel better when I follow the commandments, when I read scriptures, both the Bible and the Book of Mormon (see www.lds.org). It feels complete to me. In all aspects- from the plan of salvation, to my concept of what Heavenly Father is, to agency, to what my purpose in life is, to where I'm going to end up... I truly believe that it is the Church of Jesus Christ in these latter days restored from it's original form when Jesus Christ was on the earth.

Before my conversion, I would kind of make fun, or just would not get it- and I can see how it would be completely blasphemous to claim that only one church would have the truth of it all. It is a bold claim that is for sure. But, I boldly feel that it is true. And, I can say this because I've felt it at very specific times in my life that I can't deny. 

I pray that my kids can obtain a similar testimony, and that others, if they are interested, can do the same. I have seen it change my life and the lives of others close to me... it is truly a beautiful gospel.

This picture is of my favorite missionaries and a woman in my church that I love a lot. These missionaries are the best- and I miss them a lot when they go. I feel like they could be my sisters!!


No comments: