Monday, July 4, 2011

One of my favorite days in Berlin

It is still raining here, and it is a super downer. Yuck! We must have hit the rainstorm of the century, so I am a bit excited to get out of here, but also, trying to take advantage of what we can do.

Today we decided to enter this children's shoe store that we pass every day to get on the metro, and maybe we shouldn't have, because we dropped so much money on shoes for our kids. I just couldn't help myself- they were so cute.

She had the cutest shop, with such a great selection of shoes from all over Europe- I wonder if I can order some of these from the states?



We then headed over to Potsdamer Place- which is a new downtown created by some star architects. I really liked the feel of it... especially the Sony section.





There are a group of skyskrapers in a circle, with a fountain in the middle, and a canopy covering the center.



This is the canopy...





I couldn't stand far back enough to take a picture of all the buildings and the center! Agh.


Another attempt to get it all.





Emi was starting to get in a stinker mood, until we got to this fountain. I love fountains :) Every kid loves them, and they are a nice place to sit and relax.



We then decided to go to Lego Land which was the first ever built, and is completely underground. The kids had sooo much fun- it was a little crowded, but they had a great time. Maddie was so excited, she couldn't stop jumping up and down.


Suprisingly, my kids wanted to build with these large legos more than anything- more than the rides, or movies. It was really surprising- maybe they are just missing their toys from home?




Our favorite part of the museum was the 3D movie, where we had glasses on, and when water spilled, water spilled all over you. And, when it snowed, they had bubbles falling on you... the kids LOVED it. Even though it was completely in German, and I didn't understand 1 word, Emi said "More!!!"




We started getting a little stomach sick, so decided to head to a salad place- and it was really yummy. I am starting to miss the food of home for some reason this trip. And- maybe Paris- but, I just love Paris. I shouldn't compare, but it's in my memory for some reason since we were there last year.




Tomorrow is our last day in Berlin, so I am crossing my fingers that it's sunny!!!

No comments: