Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Fairy Party Fit for a 4 year old Maddie!

Maddie is turning 4 in a week ! And, since it's always a little tricky to plan parties around Thanksgiving, we decided to throw a party yesterday. I am exhausted, but I think she had a lot of fun. She wanted a princess party, but I just couldn't do it (I'm a little crazy, I know- I'm just overdosed on princess stuff)... so we thought of a fairy party! It was a lot of fun to plan... we made mushrooms to put on the wall, a ginormous tree for the "forest" effect, bought moss, butterflys, balloons... very fun! I asked her what she wanted to do- and she said "bouncy house." Of course! After figuring out that it would *barely* fit, I signed up.

We also were visited by a real fairy who came and performed a magic show, made balloons and painted faces. She was amazing. I would really really recommend this company -- http://www.happilyeverlaughterparties.com/. They are so creative (and not the run of the mill Disney stuff. ) So awesome!!

A friend of mine made the cupcakes- amazing. We have this trade where she always makes Maddie's cakes and I take her holiday photos. I love this trade- it is the best. Anyway- she did an crazy good job....

Steve made hummingbird feeders with the kids (he spent hours prepping this). I thought they turned out really well! Let's hope they work!! And, well, that's all she wrote. I'm pooped. Here is a pile of photos!










































































5 comments:

Kristina said...

ADORABLE! You are so creative... as is Steve. Maddie is such a lucky girl! What a beautiful party!

Ashley said...

It really was such a beautiful party! You are so good with all the little details--the moss, butterflies, toadstools, etc. I was so impressed with how that fairy captivated all those kids for so long. And maybe I'm just getting used to it, or maybe we're getting better at things, or maybe our kids are just older--but parties don't seem QUITE as chaotic this year as they used to. It's nice! Happy Birthday to Maddie!

P.S. Tell Steve that Charlie has been very adamant that we get his birdfeeder up and running asap.

Hayley said...

so much fun. so glad you negotiated a fairy party instead of princess :)
every detail was amazing & just adorable!
i ended up eating 4 cupcakes. if anyone was left empty-handed, it's my fault. i won't apologize though b/c they were so good & i missed lunch. i'm glad you have that trade w A b/c her cakes are not only beautiful, but they are SO DELICIOUS!

great job & happy birhtday Madds!

Raskills said...

Um, when can you organize my twins' birthday parties in January? seriously, you are so creative. And I can't believe Maddie is already 4!!!

Andrea said...

You pulled it off! Love the princess => fairy twist. Perfect for both genders :) Amazing cake, amazing decor. You should seriously consider hiring out, my friend.