Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A little Halloween Party

Yesterday, a great friend and I threw our second annual Halloween party for the kids. It was much better than last year for some reason! We paired it down to the essentials, and cut out the non essentials. The biggest hit was the "spider web" which basically was all the kids sitting around in a circle throwing the black yarn to each other until we made a spider web... and then put a spider in the middle and tried to balance him, and then tried to throw him out. I wish I had a pic, but I basically put my camera down for most of the party. Bummer.

Here are the pics that I did take:

Maddie was a cat, and Emilie the mouse. Unfortunately, as the day went on, the ears came off, the paws, the vest... so they turned into kids wearing black :) But, they were cute anyways!

We played this game where the kids had to carry the candy corns across the floor with spoons... I think Emi got the handle of it...

But, then figured out that was a stupid game, when she could get on the floor and eat them while mom wasn't looking (or she thought she wasn't!). Smart girl.

Very serious competition.

The costumes were pretty awesome!


Lots of bats this year! Or batmans. Hey, are you looking at my batsuit?

I'm going to try and take a pic of the girls with all of their costume pieces together... we'll see if it happens!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Charlie and Scotty are totally checking eachother's costumes out! So funny. Thanks Alie, it was so fun.

Diana said...

What a relief to see all those superhero's gathered together!

Kristina said...

So fun! You always throw great Halloween parties. I have been talking about last years party all year :) Your girls look adorable as always!!

Raskills said...

Your girls look so cute in the black leotards!! Glad you had fun! Did you save some candy for me? ;)

Ashley said...

Such cute pictures! I don't think I saw Emilie in her mouse costume--that is so cute to have a cat and a mouse! Thanks for letting us come trash your house!

Hayley said...

so much fun! thanks!