Wednesday, February 3, 2010

School of Hard Knocks

Yesterday was Maddie's first swim lesson. Maddie has loved water ever since she was a baby and has had no fear... until now. This was the progression:

Strutting her stuff.

Feeling in the groove.

Warm'n up.

Utter panic and fear.

More fear and horror.

Cute rear shot.

I wish I could say that it ended on a happy note, but no, I think she cried for 28 minutes straight. Of course, I felt bad for her, but I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a better day.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Alie: Maddie in swim cap/goggles/flippers is honestly the CUTEST thing I have seen in months. (Ok, aside from Norah...) I LOVE it. Thanks for making me smile!

The Mostess said...

She looks so happy. Too bad she was full of sour grapes!

Better luck next time, lady!

Stephanie said...

Oh dear....it can only go up from here. She DID look cute, though!

Ashley said...

I am nervous for today! It was so funny/heartbreaking. They sure look cute though. I'm glad you got "before" pictures when she was happy!

Diana said...

Those are the cutest pictures of Maddie. Don't give up. I remember crying and kicking my instructor on purpose during my swim lessons as a kid. I sure wish my parents hadn't given up quite as easily as they did when it came to swim lessons for me.

Becky said...

Super cute pictures! And wow, when I taught swim lessons, there were no floats or flippers allowed! much cuter this way!