Saturday, January 30, 2010

Birthday Celebrations

To be honest, it seems that January has been a heavy one for many around me... I haven't been in that good of spirits. But, these experiences magnify my blessings like nothing else.

I am very greatful for my family. Words can't seem to express it well enough. Steve and Emilie had back to back birthdays, and I love these photos.

The happy girl: her smile is contagious. I can't believe that she is as smiley as she is. (she also has other swings too... i guess we have passionate genes):








We recently watched "Up" and Maddie put together a little house, and started walking it around with a balloon. So hilarious.

Steve's birthday! Yes, he's old! (Wink Wink). That means I'm getting old too...

Maddie copying me with her camera.

Every year starting 3 years ago, we decided eclairs were our favorite birthday treat.... so here they are! They are the best thing ever... I think I could eat all of these in 6 minutes.

4 comments:

Hayley said...

what a sweet post, alie. & i LOVE maddie's imitation of the UP house :)

Becky said...

Happy birthday to half of the Leeflang family! I love that you guys have thrown caution to the wind and declared the éclair to be the birthday treat - I mean, we all know they are better, but it takes guts to point it out :)
I think bright eyed is the perfect way to describe Emilie - so cute!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthdays! We just watched UP too--that is so funny about Maddie's balloon house.

The Mostess said...

Love the pictures little Emi--I can't believe she is already one!

PS--can you post that recipe for the eclairs on your blog?? I need to make a batch this week.