Thursday, March 12, 2009

Tinman

Last week, I tied up my laces and hit the pavement for the first time since Emilie was born. Although every bit of my body was jiggling (sorry for the imagery) and my bones and organs were in all the wrong places, it felt awesome.

I also went yesterday and will try to get in some sort of routine from now on- although there really isn't a routine with a newborn.

To get me back into the spirit, I'm going to train for the Nike Women's Half Marathon on October 18th in San Francisco. It's long enough away, that I think I can reasonably do it... I just hope the route isn't up any hills, or I'll be walking for sure.

(I'm writing this in public, so I can't back out. It's all about the ego, you know!)

3 comments:

The Mostess said...

Good for you. Returning to running is different than being a novice jogger...so I will not be hitting the pavement with you anytime soon girl.

PS--I tried to do the Nike SF 1/2 marathon last year--I was going to walk it with a group, and it's a lottery. It's really hard to get into it, and you will likely not get a spot. Let's get a group together to do it, and we can have more entries per group to try and get in.

Diana said...

Alie you inspire me! I don't think I have ever met anyone so dedicated to good health and exercise! Good luck with your upcoming event!

leakysieve said...

I feel like your baby is like a month old and you are already running? Sister you are making me look bad.
I think if I ran at your stage of post baby not only would things giggle but my uterus would fall out. I hope you can make the 1/2 happen!