Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Parties

For a while now, every time Christmas comes around, I have helped planned Christmas parties for our church. At first, I was super nervous and had no idea how everything could work... but after a couple of years, I think Steve and I have it down, or at least run on autopilate.

This year, we weren't technically in charge of the entire thing, but did do decorations and cooked ham for 200 people.

Our church's gym is horrible in terms of decorating- you can't really do that much in terms of hiding basketball hoops, and the rooms is enormous with ugly florescent bulbs... but you have to do the best you can, on a $0 budget :)))

We decided to hang Christmas lights last year, and it was so nice, we did it again this year. It does take a while, but is so worth it. The rest of the decorations were from my house, my front door and a $15 garland from Coscto.

We bought the ham from Restaurant Depot and borrowed our friends card... this place is AWESOME ... think Coscto on acid and super cheap. But- you can only get a card if you own a restaurant or have a buisness that sells food.  I drove there at 7 am to buy our 11 hams that were precooked and already sliced. So easy- and so delicious.

Done and done. It was a great evening- everyone had a great time.


Ok- so my dream is to make a "Twilight" Wedding Scene- with a bazillion lights dangling vertically from the ceiling, but of course that is not possible on our budget, so this had to do. Photos never do justice, but it was really nice... we turned off all the over head lights, and it made the room more intimate.

 Last year, we made a complete manger theme with hay, a house etc... but that was crazy, and super exhausting... so this year, we simplified with this little manger that I borrowed from my friend...

The primary sung a couple of songs....


Everyone loves Sebastian... This is our friend Trent...


And his super talented wife that brought the house down. Man, I am jealous of her voice.


Having a great time...


This is our adopted Grandfather! He has officially knighted himself Sebastian's adopted grandfather- and I love it. He is so great with him!!

Here's to another great Christmas partay.....

No comments: