Sunday, October 9, 2011

Apple picking

Ever since the second I watched Anne of Green Gables, I have totally romanticized the idea of picking apples. In those long dresses, with your hair up, climbing ladders and putting perfect apples in your wicker baskets while you talk to some cute boy. I mean, what little girl wouldn't love this fantasy?

A friend of mine put together an awesome list of stuff to do around the area in October, and one of the events was apple picking. Oh yes- I was not going to skip this year without doing that...so this Saturday, we drove the family to pick some apples and it was awesome.

$35 dollars later, we have bowls and bowls of apples, we had apple pie tonight, and now I'm scratching my head thinking about what I'm going to do with the rest of them. But- they are DANG good. And, it was a great Saturday morning activity.

Here are some pics of the day:































1 comment:

Diana said...

I love that scene from Anne of Green Gables. Love the Anne movies! The pictures are delightful and Matt loved them to! He was banging his hands on the desk with excitement to see the girls and you and Steve! He's talking right now... he say "We love and miss those California Leeflangs. Really!"