Thursday, September 23, 2010

Going though old pics...

Steve has been out of town, and I have really enjoyed just being with the girls. Driving to preschool, watching swimming lessons, going to the park, talking with friends... has been my highlights of this week. It has been so therapeutic and they give me so much energy. They really are one of the biggest blessings of my life.

Every night, I've been trying to organize. Yesterday, I organized my closet and finally threw out those shirts that have been in the "but, I might wear them once" pile. I really won't wear them- so there is more use for them at GoodWill.

Tomorrow is the girls' closet. A bigger nightmare, but someone's got to do it.

Today, I started organizing photos. I have photos everywhere. And, you think I would have organized them in a better way, but no. They are everywhere and it is going to be an enormous headache...but a huge bonus is reliving some past moments. I never posted one of our last days in Paris.

We went to Disneyland Paris- which was far from the happiest place on earth. If you ever want to go there, please talk to me first. It's not worth it.

But- there was a memorable gem in the day. Although it took 2 hours to get to her, Maddie met Cinderella. Before I had kids, I wouldn't blink once at this, but when you have a young girl... this is pretty big. She was nervous/excited/couldn't control her emotions...she wasn't quite sure what to say to her. But, this is how the events unfolded:

Cinderella talked with her for seriously 5 minutes. I was really interested to hear what Maddie had to say. But, when she came back I said "Maddie, what did she say, what did you guys talk about?" She just stood there star glazed. "Maddie what did you talk about?" Silence. "Maddie, Maddie, Maddie?"

Really cute.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Such adorable pictures!! We had a pretty lousy time at Disneyland Paris too when we went. It was snowing and raining... so also not the happiest place on earth :) But we also were in Paris in Feb... not the best time.

So glad she got to see Cinderella. You are such an awesome mom!