Saturday, April 17, 2010

It's that time again...

for amusement parks! With two family season passes to two parks by our house and the museum, I think we are set for the summer. So far, I think we've gone to one of these each week, and I don't get burned out... well, except for one caveat:

Crowds. We usually go during the week when most of the world is working (yes, a very nice blessing), but for some reason we went today, a Saturday. What were we thinking? I guess we wanted to be reminded that too much of humanity is a bad thing... especially when you add waiting in lines for rides 1) with kids, 2) pushy parents and 3) the hot sun. But, I did get some good shots of the kids b/c Steve was with me. And, we went for pizza and yogurt afterward, which is pretty much the best day ever.








A random shot of the kids playing in water last week- I bought this adorable table last year that you can put sand/water in... but after a month or so, we realized that the sand wasn't so adorable when found all over the floor, crib, bed, shoes, clothes, kitchen.... so out went the sand... and now it's just a water box.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Wow - looks like it was a great day (and the weather seemed perfect for outdoor activities today- great job taking advantage!!
I'd say those darling shots were worth fighting humanity for - looks like the girls (and Steve) had a great time.
Also, I love that Maddie had on her rain boots to play with the water table - so cute!!

Unknown said...

I remember how much we loved our season passes growing up in California-wish they'd get some better places here! They'll remember it when they grow up (especially with the help of some pictures:) You have some adorable pics!

Brian and Lindsey said...

Sorry the Brian comment was from lindsey and Brian!

Jyothi Robertson said...

What fabulous photos!!! Sorry I've been out of touch but it's fun catching up on your life by reading this.
xoxo,
Jyothi

Ashley said...

Emilie's expressions are adorable! I love how much she loves the rides. You are a brave woman going to Happy Hollow on a Saturday! I am happy you got to have pizza!

The Gilberts said...

Sometimes Saturday is the only time daddy can go, right? I definitely understand. We will be going a few Saturdays so Justin can make memories with us... so its a sacrifice! You know, we were at Gr8 America last Wed and it was so empty in the kiddie area it was almost eerie, we rode all the rides twice in like 30 mins... so, flipside, I guess.. BTW, these pics are lovely-- you have a really great eye for a shot and clearly a nice camera!