Monday, December 14, 2009

Giving Tree

I usually drag my feet into the month of December...it's not usually my favorite. But, this year, I helped coordinate The Giving Tree for our church and it definitely has put me in the right Christmas spirit.

We anonymously adopted 16 families in our community from a local elementary school as well as our church community, and made sure that each child received a gift, and the family had Target and Safeway gift cards to help with what they needed.

We collected donations and I was AMAZED and very HUMBLED by the generosity of people around me. Not just in money, but in their time...

One donor spent hours making baby blankets for each baby on our list...

These are the canisters we put candy in with their gift cards.

Fruit/treat baskets.

One of the fellow elfs that is really more like angel than an elf.

I wanted to to use shrink wrap over our gifts, but it didn't seem to work like I wanted. Oh, well. I think it looked good enough.

Operation Giving Tree is done! YAY.

3 comments:

Raskills said...

Beautiful!! Service is so wonderful!

Kristina said...

Congrats on being done! Everything looked beautiful and I totally agree, Erin is definitely an angel! I miss working with her.

I'm sure the families will be very appreciative of all your hard work!

Hayley said...

erin is an angel. good work! what a great feeling.